Re: Extension not showing when searching by extension
I had this happen a couple of times, but I have not seen it reoccur with either 4.0(4) or 4.0(5). If you are comfortable with working in SQL AND have your Unity SQL backups running/validated, here is how I fixed:
1. Start Microsoft SQL - Enterprise Manager
2. Drill down to UnityDb
3. Click on Tables to view all of them
4. Right-click the Subscriber Table and select Return all rows. Be careful here, you can make changes directly to the database.
5. Locate the subscriber that has the extension problem
6. Copy the data in field subscriberobjectid using CTL-C
7. Exit this table
8. Right-click the DTMFAccessid Table and select Return all rows
9. Start a Query by clicking on the SQL image in the toolbar. A window will open. Enter the query as shown here. where parentobjectid = '[data from field copied earlier]' You can use a CTL-V to paste the data in.
10. Click on the exclamation point to run your query
The result should return one row with the subscriber's extension - this field is called DTMFAccessid
11.Replace the data in the field with the extension
12. Exit the table.
Check the subscriber's extension via the SA and you should see it again.
I'm not able to access my old voice mail messages all of a sudden. The recording says something like 'the message is currently not available'. This has never happened before in all the years I have been using this system. I have t...
If you have 2 ISR routers, one acting as Failover, do we need to have both the same number of SRST licenses on the 2 routers?
No. You will only need the SRST licenses on the primary router. Because this feature...