cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External caller id annoucement in Unity message prompt

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to be able to identify PSTN caller id's when they leave a message for subscribers.

Example: PSTN caller calls a unity subscriber and leaves a message without leaving their callback number.

Can Unity playback the message to the subscriber including the caller id?

Customer states meridian mail can do this.

If this is possible, just point me to the feature or link.

Best regards

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, if Unity is provided with the caller Id from the switch integration it can play it over the phone - on the conversation page in the SA for subscribers on recent versions of Unity (you didn't indicate your version so I will assume a recent one) the option for "Before playing each message, play..." there's a checkbox for "senders information". If this is checked and we get the caller Id then it's played.

If this is checked and you're not hearing caller Id then odds are we aren't getting it from the PSTN integration - check the messages in question using a desktop client and see if the subject line contains the calling number - if not, we're not getting it and you'll need to move the investigation to that end of the equation.

Actually, follow up on this - the behavior has changed a bit across versions (again, which version you're on would be helpfull here) - the ANI used to be announced all the time if sender information was turned on - that changed due to customer requests (some folks didn't want to hear the ANI but did want to hear sender info for sub to sub stuff) - if you fire up BulkEdit, on the subscriber changes page if you go to the "conversation" tab and the "Message Review" tab on there, you'll see an option for "Announce ANI for messages from unidentified callers" - this defaults to off on the most recent versions of Unity - you can turn it on here for users.

Unity version 4.2.1

Callmanager 4.1.3

Cool, I changed it to true using bulk edit.

Stay tuned.

Thanks again

That worked.

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I will test it and update the thread later.

Best regards

Majid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: