cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Phone Number Mask

pfamularo
Level 1
Level 1

We use Cisco Unified CM 8.0.3.21900-8. We would like to configure External Phone Number Mask I set the number I want to show. The number changed on the top right of my Cisco 7942. I made a test call to my cell phone and it still shows the main number for our PRI. I verified with the phone company that they don't have a mask on our PRI.

What do you recommend I check next? Are there steps I am missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to check the "Use external phone number mask" checkbox on the Route Patterns.

Chris

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to check the "Use external phone number mask" checkbox on the Route Patterns.

Chris

The only Route Pattern we have are associated with a Route Partition that the phone devices are not using. Do we need to create a Route Pattern and associate it with the Route Partition that the phone is using for this to work? Also, the only checkbox I see in that is close is

Thank you

So, how does the call get to PSTN then without Route Patterns?

Chris

Sorry, I am new to managing this and did not set it up but I will tell you what I am seeing.

On the properties of the phones they have HQPhonesPT listed as the Route Partition

Under Route Patterns there are 3 that the Route Partition is defined as HQTrunksPT and the associated device is HQPRI_RL (the check box for Use Calling Party's External  Phone Number Mask is already checked on them)

If i go into the  Route List Details for HQPRI_RL the "

Paul,

Partition on the phone is irrelevant, check the Calling Search space on phone + DN, that drives outbound calling.

Is your GW configured as MGCP, H323 or SIP?  If the later 2 you may have a translation rule on the GW overwriting it as well, if you can post your GW config we can analyze it.

Chris

OK. The Gateway is MGCP so there shouldnt be any conflict with the gateway. The calling search space on the phone is HQCSS and that search space has all partitions selected.

Will Changing the HQPRI_RL the "Use Calling Party's External  Phone Number Mask" to ON from default in the route list make any difference?

Default should be ON, but you can look it up in service parameters.

Make sure there is no "calling party transformation" set anywhere else, i.e. Pattern, Route Group within Route List, Gateway.

Also, can you post "debug isdn q931" from the GW and let us know what number you are expecting to see?

Chris

Default should be ON, but you can look it up in service parameters

I see these two settings which are both set to False. Are they what you are referring to

Show Line Group Member DN in finalCalledPartyNumber CDR Field:

Show Line Group Member Non Masked DN in finalCalledPartyNumber CDR Field: 

Make sure there is no "calling party transformation" set anywhere else, i.e. Pattern, Route Group within Route List, Gateway.

There is no caling party transformation set anywhere that I can find

Also, can you post "debug isdn q931" from the GW and let us know what number you are expecting to see?

Not sure what you mean here. Also, how can I export the config to post it?

Looks like this is working now. It wasnt working on the phone I was testing that already had it assigned.

Hi,

What was the fix?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: