cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Transfer from subscriber greeting

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

I am familiar with this posting from Ginger.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda8bab/0#selected_message

How do you control which gateway Unity chooses to dial out? I have a hub and spoke topology with 16 remotes. The only way I know to control this is to create a CTI port that forwards all to the intended destination with the intended CSS applied. A CallHandler with the call transfer config pointing to the DN of this dummy phone. Without this added entity, is there a way to control which gateway unity chooses to dial out?

3 Replies 3

bbenner
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 4.0(2a)sr2b

Unity 4.0(4)SR1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity can not choose. It is simply acting as a standard IP phone when it dials whatever destination number you've configured. Routing of the call is handled entirely by CCM. Working with CSSes and such sounds like the right basic approach. If it'd help in hitting a specific route pattern, you certianly could add trunk access codes or whatever to the front of the transfer dialstring used by Unity.

-Eric

I agree with Eric. You would have to do a Call Transfer to a CTI Device, set to foward to whatever you want. It should be able to dial out then on that voice gateway you want... (I think.. but just thought of it.)

The CTI would have have to in the Parition on CCM that uses that voice gateway.

If I have time, I give it a try in my "lab"