cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover ans Greetings

dwindorski
Level 1
Level 1

How are greetings and recorded names supposed to get replicated from the primary to secondary unity? I have changed out a Unity non-failover server with a new failover pair. When I fail over to the secondary, I get correctly routed to a subscriber; however, I don't get a greeting or recorded name.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The commserver\StreamFiles\ directory on both the primary and failover server should be replicating (more to the point the primary server's greetings should be copied over to the secondary's when they change). If that's not happening it sounds like maybe the failover configuration process wasn't completed successfully.

When you are running on the secondary server and greetings change. Are those greetings replicated to the primary server if the it is online while the secondary server is active?

Obviously they are replicated:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/fail/fail401/ex/fg_500.htm#wp1123685

but sometimes users lose greetings when failover ocurrs so just curions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: