cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover configuration error

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am getting the following error when trying to run failover wizard on the primary server

FAILED TO VERIFY THAT MICROSOFT SQL SERVER IS INSTALLED ON THIS SERVER. ENSURE THAT SQL SERVER, NOT SQL MSDE IS INSTALLED BEFORE RUNNING THIS WIZARD.

unity version is 4.2.1 and it is unified.

thanks

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you may have to upgrade from MSDN to SQL server. Have you done a check to see which version of the Unity database is installed?

I have installed SQL.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? We're running into the same problem.

Hi,

Here's something to try:

Create a folder called "REPLDATA" in:

\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\

Then run failover config wizard again.

Nancy

Hi, Nancy.

Thanks for your response. Tried it and we're still getting the same error.

Yes, I got it resolved. I ran a different version of failover wizard other than what came with the CD.

Try it.

mrugeshpatel:

Where did you get another version of the wizard? I've looked on the Cisco downloads page under Unity, but can't find it. I also checked ciscounitytools.com

Thanks,

Jesse

Hi,

I should have searched the bug database first. Found the defect: CSCsi64012. In 4.2(1), it's fixed in ES95. And in 4.0(5), it's fixed in ES94.

I think you'll need to give TAC a call to get the ES.

Nancy

Thanks again, Nancy! That did it. Fortunately, we already had a TAC case open. It just took forever to get an engineer on the phone.

Using an udpated FailoverConfig.exe file works as indicated in post by mrugeshpatel. Backup your commserver/ FailoverConfig.exe file. Then copy the FailoverConfig.exe file from Unity 5.0 DVD into your local commserver directory.

Hi,

I upgraded MSDE to SQL and i am still getting the same error. I also tried with a new failoverconfig.exe and also tried after creating the folder "REPLDATA" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\ but still the same. SQL version is as shown below. Error message attached. Appreciate any assistance.

SQL Version - 8.00.2039; SP4; Standard Edition

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: