cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover not failing over

Joshua Smick
Level 1
Level 1

I run a home lab in which I have two Call Managers (A pub and a sub).  Both are registered with the MGCP gateway, and I have no problem making calls.  When I fail over to the sub, the phone that I'm using (a cisco 7921) does not failover to the sub.  When I check the settings on the 7921, it does not list the sub anywhere.  The gateway recognizes that the pub is down, and fails over just fine.  I'm sure that I'm missing some obvious configuration somewhere, but I just can't seem to figure out what that is.  Any suggestions?  

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Identify the device pool which is assigned to ip phone and make sure that CM group which is assigned to that device pool have both Pub and Sub there.

Suresh.

I double checked, and those settings are correct. 

I would try deleting the CTL:

When the wireless IP phone is connected to a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 5.0 or later, you can have multiple security profiles assigned to a phone. When the phone has more than one security profile using different secure Cisco Unified Communications Manager clusters, you must delete the CTL file from the current profile before enabling another profile. See "Understanding Security Profiles" section.

To unlock the CTL file from the Security Configuration screen, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Scroll to the CTL File menu and press Select.

Step 2 Press **# to unlock options on the CTL File menu.

If you decide not to continue, press **# again to lock options on this menu.

Step 3 Scroll to the CTL option that you want to change and press Erase.

After you make the change, the CTL file will be locked automatically.

I just took a look, and there is no CTL file on the phone.  

Joshua Smick
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out.  It had to do with no entry for DHCP option 150. 

What you have done exactly as Its seems to be unusual !!! If ip phone registered to a CUCM once, then I think there is no involvement of dhcp option 150 and if Primary cucm is not reachable from IP phone then ip phone should try to register on secondary cucm.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: