cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failover

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have unity 404 unified running. E2K is offbox. We are going to add failover in the production. Do I have to uninstall the current unity application in order to make it as the primary?

4 Replies 4

ndownard
Level 1
Level 1

The answer for your question is dependent upon your current Unity server. If it is a stand alone server, it is already a Primary. After obtaining the proper licensing, you simply need to install the secondary server as a stand alone server, ensure the logon accounts and registry settings are the same for both servers as they will not be replicated. Then run the Failover Configuraion Wizard on the Primary, then Seconday. However, if your current Unity server is also a Domain Controller, you must start again from scratch.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/rug/ex/index.htm

Cisco Unity Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide (With Microsoft Exchange)

Adding Features to the Cisco Unity System

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/rug/ex/ru_040.htm#wp1303947

Adding Failover to the Cisco Unity System When Exchange Is Already on a Separate Server

He did state that he is using unified messaging so the DC/Exch should not be on the unity server. The only potential issue I see is that msde is installed instead of sql if the server was purchased with 32 ports or less - in that case, MSDE would have to be upgraded.

Other than my two cents, ditto.

Thanks guys.

I guess I have to upgrade it to SQL standard for sure.

How does the license work?

Say we ordered a failover license, do I have to install this license in the current primary server to replace the current one?

If it's the case, will this license install do not need to re-run the setup? I know even adding a TTS feature(if there was no TTS) it requires re-run the setup. Thanks

You would use the Unity's Licensing applet to add the new license file. That's it; you don't need to rerun setup.