Views
Helpful
Replies

Failsafe System Prompt - when all appears correct

CHRIS HABBERJAM
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a situation where all appears to be fine, until a user tries to retrieve their messages and get the Failsafe Prompt. An administrator changed the wav format in Registry and then tried to put right ... I get the following errors. A few mention to check in drive H:, which we don't have !! Tried to run SetWaveFormat and see if it makes a difference, but nothing. Deleted accounts, created new, left messages, MWI on, but still failsafe prompt. Unity 4.2 win2k3 + Sp2, + lots of eng specs. Any ideas gratefully received. Chris.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, the H drive is a reference to a source code path on our build machines - you'll notice it references a source code file (.cpp) which, of course, you also don't have (I hope!).

The first error indicates you're missing a wav file in the prompt folder - that's always bad and will cause the wheels to come off. I see this often with sites that try and remove prompts they don't want to hear without realizing this will break the system - could be an accidental deletion or sometimes with the add/removal of a language pack.

If you're not sure, you can always copy on the entire prompt folder from your install media onto the prompt folder in the Unity install path again - can't hurt.