Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax integration with Exchange 2007 UM and CUCM 7.0

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

We have successfully implemented Exchange 2007 UM for voice messaging with our CUCM 7.0. Unofrtunately the fax reception with the Exchange 2007 UM doesn't work.

I have configured the H.323 gateway for T.38 fax relay and configured "Outgoing T.38 INVITE include audio mline" on the SIP profile to Exchange. Fax is enabled on the UM dialplan on Exchange.

However when I try to send a fax to my mailbox, I will only receive a regular voice mail.

It seems as if the Exchange can't detect the fax tones because I don't see any SIP messages during the call (see SIP Trace "sip_debug_cucm_20091112.txt" from CUCM).

Has anyone successfully integrated Exchange 2007 UM and CUCM 7.0 for inbound fax reception?

If so, do you have a SIP trace of a fax reception?

Do you have any other suggestions where the problem source could be?

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Stefan

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

This may be an MTP issue. MS exchange requires the use of the MTP in the trunk. Without the MTP the MS Exchange did work well. When you have fax T38 and MTP you need to have the MTP hardware based.

Not applicable

I am having the same issue, however when I turn on MTP required, the system sends a fast busy signal once the t.38 tone is generated by the fax machine.

Stefan: How did you get the SIP Trace from RTMT?

Not applicable

Not applicable

Not applicable