cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Find which Phone Answered Hunt Group Call?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CUCM: 10.5.2.13900-12

IP Phones:  7941G

We've been having an intermittent issue in a remote branch office where a call comes into the Main Extension for their store (*on their front desk IP Phone), which is usually always set to CFwdAll to that stores Hunt Pilot number. So when someone calls their store, that call then gets broadcasted to all IP Phones in that store. Then, seemingly randomly, the call will ring about 1 to 1.5 times and then stop.

One of the extensions/ip phones in that store, I found that it was set to Auto Answer with Headset, so I'm thinking that when the call got broadcasted to that IP Phone (*only when the headset button was lit up green) that phone would auto-answer the call, making everyone in the store think the call had been diconnected before anyone there could answer the call.

I have since disabled the auto-answer option on that extnesion, and I am waiting to see if it happens again. But, if this was the cause of the problem, then it makes sense because of how random this issue occurred (*sometimes one or more weeks before it would happen again). And the fact that user said they don't always use their headset and they don't always leave the headset button enabled/green on their 7941G.

I collected the CUCM trace files for the time of the last few call examples, and I was wondering if there is anyway in the trace file (*SDL files) to see which ip phone/extension answered the hunt group call, like any keywords I could look for? And, if possible, is there a way to see in the same trace file whether that call had been answered automatically by that auto answer with headset option??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How about looking for these calls in CDR records instead?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How about looking for these calls in CDR records instead?

Thanks Chris, I'll check out the CDR report.

-Matt

So I ran the CDR Report for the specified time and found the call examples.

Clicking into and viewing the call details shows the finalCalledPartyNumber as the Hunt Pilot for that location. However, in that call details it shows the "destIpAddr" is the IP Address of the user's phone that had the auto-answer with headset enabled.

Now, I cannot exactly tell from the CDR reports how the call was answered. But, since the 3 examples I just looked up that were all supposedly "disconnected" before anyone could answer, all show the same destIpAddr and destDeviceName, which are for that user's phone...

I think it would be safe to assume that the auto-answer on her extension that's ringing for the hunt group, was indeed answering the call automatically.

Thanks Again,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: