cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse API

KasMay
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to authenticate an agent with id and password instead of extension?

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here's a thought: what if you take the username and password from the Agent, and use it to query CUCM UDS API, and from there, pull the Agent IPCC Extension, and then now you have all three items to login the user?

You can find the extensions for a user here (UDS API):

https://{CUCM PUBLISHER}/cucm-uds/user/{USERID}/extensions

From what I can tell, there is no way to see which extension is the IPCC extension via UDS, so you'll need to rely on matching some other field.  I.e., Match the label for contains "Agent" or match on the extension to be in a certain range.

Thank You very much. i will explore this option.

I am trying to use Finesse API for RSM supervisor login authentication. i could not figure out which field its using to validate supervisor PIN. Though i see password in Agent table not sure its the one RSM is using. 

I'm like 90% sure you cannot use Remote Silent Monitoring with Finesse, as it was a part of the CAD feature set. But, that little 10% of me, is holding out hope for you. Hopefully I am wrong.

Thank you for your comment. it seems your are correct. I am exploring finesse with 10% hope!.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: