Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authorization Code (FAC) support for SIP lines in CUCM 8.x

kiranparvati
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can someone confirm whether Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8.x supports Forced Authorization Code (FAC) for third-party SIP devices registered as line ?

Appreciate your time,

Thanks,

Kiran Parvati

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, FAC and CMC are supported with newer firmware releases.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris. I am happy to hear the news.

Can you please share the firmware information of CUCM that support FAC feature for SIP lines and third-party SIP devices.

Appreciate it,

-Kiran

I purpolsy did not post it (tech how to fish) :-)

Here you go:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/firmware/9_2_1/release_notes/9900_8900_921.html

Forced Authentication Code and Client Matter Code Support

The  Forced Authentication Code (FAC) and Client Matter Code (CMC) Support  feature extends the FAC and CMC features to more Cisco Unified IP  Phones.

FAC  controls the types of calls that certain users can place. When placing a  call, a user receives a prompt to enter a valid authorization code  before the call is made.

CMC  enables a user to specify that a call relates to a specific client  matter. When placing a call, a user can enter a code to indicate the  type of call being placed (for example, to a specific customer).

These enhancements are supported on these Cisco Unified IP Phones (SIP):

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

HTH,

Chris

Thanks again Chris.

I was also wondering if FAC is supported on third-party SIP devices registered to CUCM. We have our client that registers with CUCM as a generic SIP device.

We are currently using CUCM version 8.0.2.40000-1.

-Kiran

I am not 100% sure, but I would not think so.

Chris

Chris is right on this, currently just some Cisco SIP devices support FAC since the feature was always based on SCCP. Currently this is not supported for any 3rd party SIP device.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: