Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward call from QSIG to Voice Mail of CUE in SIP

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a problem when I do a call from Hipath which signaling is QSIG to a phone in CME which signaling is SCCP; and the SCCP phone don't answer the call and it forward to the voice-mail in CUE, which communication between CME and CUE is in SIP, the call is disconected.

I have been looking the supplementary-services H450 but it don't help me.

How could I do to forward a call form QSIG to the voice-mail in SIP?

CME 4.2= Call Manager Express

CUE 2.3= Call Unity Express

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i had some issues with the same setup you have, but using CUCM and Unity. The Avaya was missing a network feature option on the QSIQ trunk to the CUCM (via a 2800 router) If the phone was placed on CFDall, Unity would not work for that phone. Busy signal. But if the phone just rang and rolled into Unity, it worked fine.

Once we moved the PRIs from the Avaya to the Cisco IOS routers on the CUCM side, everything worked fine. But we eventually determined that it was some Avaya feature software you have to purchase to make it work.

I dont think it's so much a SIP problem. If you forward a call from the HIPATH, does the phone ring? And if it rings, Unity will not answer after it rolls correct?

Yes, when you call from QSIG to SCCP ip phone ring and you can talk normally, do transfer to other ip phones, callpark,... but if you don't answer the ip phone, the call is automatically forward to the voice-mail in CUE, which signaling is SIP because the only way to communicate CME with CUE is through SIP. Too, when you call from qsig phone directly to voice mail in CUE the call is disconected.

The call between ip phones on CME are working fine and when i don'nt answer one call the call is forward to the voice mail and it is working fine. Too when you call directly to voice mail this it is working.

Probably incompatibility to call from QSIG to SIP or call forward from QSIG to SIP?

Check the IOS level on the CME. I know there are some SIP issues resolved in the later releases. I cant recall, but maybe T14 and higher??

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this?

I am having a similar problem, where I want to forward a call from an AVAYA PBX connected via QSIG to a SIP connected voicemail system.

The router sees the calling party and the voicemail pilot number, but not the original called party, so the voicemail system can't identify the voicemail box to open.

I suspect this is because there is a problem 'converting' the QSIG Facility messages to SIP.

Thanks,

-Martin

Im almost positive you have to have the networking feature (purchase it) on your avaya pbx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: