cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded voicemail from Outlook does not turn on MWI??

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.04 SR1 with Exchange 2003 and CCM 4.13 SR2 and VMO 4.04. When a user forwards a Voicemail to another Exchange user the recipient sees the Voicemail as unread but there is no MWI light on the user's phone. If I forward a voicemail the voicemmail to the exchange user via the TUI of the phone to an Exchange user then the forwarded voicemail shows up in the Recipients Outlook as unread and the MWI light is turned on. How do I get Outlook and VMO to preserve MWI when I forward a voicemail from Outlook to another user??

Thanks,

Tony

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So how is the message being forwarded from Outlook? Specifically is the VMO form loaded? Does the voice mail message show up in the phone interface after forwarding it from the desktop? I'm interested to see if the message class (IPM.Note.Voice.Unity) is preserved in the scenario or not - I'm assuming it is.

The notification engine _should_ get a change trigger when the message arrives and if it's a properly formed voice mail (message class and media flags determine this) it should trigger a notification update. You should be able to test this by marking a standing message read and then unread or vice versa in the outlook client and have the light go on/off (there may be a delay there, of course).