Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Future support for four-digit private distribution lists?

Are there any future plans to expand the private list capacity to four digits?

An organization wants to be able to create a personal distribution list containing one user that correlates to the last 4 digits of the DID.

The organization uses a 10-digit E.164 dialplan with centralized unity, the execs don't want to message using 2 digits <PrivDL> or 10 digits <Sub>.

They have the ability to dial intra-site via the last 4 digits of the DID and want the same functionality in Unity.

As always, Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Future support for four-digit private distribution lists?

No plans that I know of along these lines - first I've heard of such a thing.

I'm not entirely sure their approach is the right one here, however - if the 4 digit extensions are unique (which they must be if they're using them now) then why not add the 4 digit extensions as alternate extensions for users? Then they can address by either the 10 or the 4 digit Ids? If they are not unique, how are they doing this currently?

Re: Future support for four-digit private distribution lists?

The customer has approximately 10,000 users across 300 sites migrating to IPT. Today, the voice / messaging systems are not centralized or networked.

We know from a dialplan analysis that there is some significant overlap in the last 4 digits across the enterprise. Callmanager has a good way of addressing this via the partition / css construct, but not so much with Unity in a large deployment. Atleast not that I've seen....

Can you think of any other way to pull this off?

Views
Helpful
Replies