Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting an error using DIRT

Using Unity 1.2(1) I get the following error using dirt

(error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'C:\Unity Backup\UnityDirDBBackUp.sql'.

(error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'C:\Unity Backup\UnityMbxDB1BackUp.sql'.

3 REPLIES

Re: getting an error using DIRT

When do you receive this error message? Is it when running a DiRT Backup? Is it when running a DiRT Restore?

when i run the dirt backup manually logged in as the administrator on the unity server.

Cisco Employee

That error is being returned by the SQL server saying it doesn't have rights to write the DB backup to those locations - DiRT cannot force it to do so, it can only ask nice.

What version of DiRT is this? Try a short path name as a test (i.e. one without spaces) - SQL should handle this (and does in my tests here) but it's good to rule it out. You can also get that error if you don't have write access to the folder or the drive it out of space or if the SQL server is not functing properly (i.e. Connection is not up and flying right).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content