cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting UConn 8.5 to work with both Exchange 2007 and 2010

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

According to the document below, I should be able to set up one Unified Messaging service to access mailboxes on both Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007 servers.  I setup my service to point to 2010 CAS servers and I can access 2010 mailboxes, but testing 2007 mailboxes comes up with an http 200 error.  If I setup the CAS server as 2007, I can access 2007 mailboxes, but get an error on 2010 mailboxes.  This will be a real pain if I can't do this with one service.  I don't want to have to keep Unity Connection updated as users get moved from 2007 to 2010!  Anyoe know how to do this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg020.html#wp1198171        

3 Replies 3

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, did you figure out the solution to this issue? I have a similiar deployment coming up next week!

thanks

No, this still doesn't work.  I was hoping someone out there might have it working and can help.  Otherwise, I am stuck with deleting and adding UM accounts as users move between Exchange 2007 and 2010. :-(

I got this to work!  My Unified Messaging Service was originally setup to Specify an Exchange Server.  That is where I had put the  DNS name of the  CAS server (and that DNS entry pointed to several CAS servers).  I changed the Service to Search for Exchange Servers instead and used that same DNS name in the Active Directory DNS Domain Name.  When I do the test of this service, it tells me it Failed to locate a Domain Controller via DNS, but that is just informational.  It also says it successfully connected to the Exchange CAS server with the autodiscover.xml.  Now my mailboxes on both Exchange 2007 and 2010 are able to receive voicemail messages with this one Service configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: