cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Subscriber Manager bug?

jsailers
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with Global Subscriber Manager during an Import Subscriber function. I have one OU that has an apostrophe in the OU Name. WHen I click on that OU in the Import window, GSM locks up as it tries to enumerate the users in the OU. Looking at the GSM logs, it appears that the problem is that the apostrophe in the OU throws off the search query.

The OU having problems is called O'Toole. The GSM version I'm running is 1.5 Build 6. Removing the apostrophe clears the problem. However, I need to keep the apostrophe in there.

3 Replies 3

smilliga
Level 1
Level 1

Zip up the GSM and UnityAdImportControl logs from a clean run of the GSM where you just reproduce this problem and email them to me at smilliga at cisco dot com and I will take a look. In the mean time does the SA import and CUBI work for you?

I have sent you an email with the requested logs. SA import and CUBI work fine for users in this OU, so I'm not dead in the water. I just like to standardize user imports by using the GSM. Thanks.

I'm in the process of reproducing this problem now. I'm sure you are correct that the ' is causing the problem.