cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Subsriber Manager - Could not obtain version information

Chris Schuerger
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.2 server and a Unity 7.0 server.  I am attempting to use Global Subscriber Manager to move my users from the 4.2 server to the 7.0 server.  I have setup digital networking between the 2 servers and shared the stream files directory as indicated in the documentation.  When I attempt to move a subscriber from the old server to the new server I get the following error Coult not obtain the version information from the destination system Unty1 please see the troubleshooting section in the helpfile.  When I open the help file troubleshooting section it gives me a URL to run on each box, the new server (Unity2) shows the expected output, but the old server (Unity1) gets a page cannont be displayed error.  According to the documentation, the version is checked via a webservice at the URL given in the troubleshooting steps, http://localhost:8080/cual/CiscoUnitySystemInformation.jsw? however it seems like this is missing from my 4.2 server....any advice?

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Saw a case similar to this where Tomcat service wasn't started. Make sure the server that isn't giving you the same output has that started.

Tray

That does seem to be my issue.  When I check the services on the OLD Unity Server (4.2) there is no Tomcat service listed.

I looked at the properties page for the Tomcat service the New server and it looks ilke it runs from Commserver\cscoserv\windows\services\jk_nt_service.ext

When I try to run jk_nt_service.exe -i Tomcat it gives me an error that Tomcat doesn't exist.  I guess I need some information on how to start Tomcat when it's not installed as a service.

I don't have a 4.2 server to look at but my 5.0 server has it listed in the services snap-in. If you have it in there, you could start it from there. I am assuming this hasn't been done but you may have already. If so, my apologies. I only saw you tried it via command line.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: