Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting Administrator

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Unity 4.1.1 CM 3.3.3sr4a

For the past few weeks we have been experiencing issues with the Unity Greeting Administrator. You sucessfully log in, enter a call handler and attempt to change the greeting. It appears to record the new greeting, but there isn't any option to save it. When we call into the call handler to verify the new greeting, the old one still plays. Running dbWalker on the database shows error 1195: Standard messaging rule was disabled.

How was it disabled? For the time being I am using the media interface through SA to push the replacement greetings into the call handlers.

Lee

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, the conversation never specifically asks to save the greeting - same as when you record a normal greeting - you can review it and change it after recording it.

Not sure how the standard greeting is being disabled, but this should never happen - does dbWalker set it back to enabled automatically? It should... so ever time you update the greeting via the greetings administrator it ends up disabling the standard greeting? Trying that on my 4.1(1) box here isn't the case but maybe something is configured differently on your install...

Jeff;

I just ran dBWalker again and it discovered 6 more of the above errors. It claims it corrected all of them. (All the call handlers are part of a job announcement menu)

I had the user go in and change the greetings on one of the call handlers and then ran dBwalker again. It showed no errors.

So now the question is why did the errors crop up during the day on these call handlers?

Lee

Still having issues with the greetings administrator. We can't change greetings in a number of call handlers. I just ran dbWalker and again it "discovered" and corrected 9 call handlers where the "Standard messaging rule was disabled".

Lee

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know - the information in front of me here doesn't give me much to work with - I can't repro it here using the greetings administrator and I don't know what else is going on with your system. The best I can suggest at this point is to open a case with TAC.

Thanks Jeff,

I am working with TAC as I write this.

I ran dbwalker on the system, and it founf no errors.

I attempted to use the greetings admin to change the greeting in my holiday Call Handler 7402. It appears to have worked correctly and plays my new message. I then went it through the SA media master and replaced my temp greeting with one of my stored greetings and saved the change. I then ran dbwalker again, and it complained that the Standard message rule was disabled on the call handler. It also claims to have repaired it.

Very strange.

Lee

Additional testing info.

If I use the Greetings admin to change the greeting and then EXIT the call, the "new" greeting "sticks" everytime. If I remain in the GA and attempt to change a different call handler, the greeting reverts back to the original recording.

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: