cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting Length

abaulackey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are having an issue with the standard greeting lenght in Unity 4.21. All of our users are on the Default subscriber COS. I've changed the greeting max record length in the COS for the default subscriber to 300 seconds. Yet, people are still getting cut off at 30 seconds? Thanks

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you talking about Greeting Lenght or message lenght? These are 2 seperate parameters in COS.

Chris

Greeting Length

This is now solved, it turns out that if the user presses the # key after recording their greeting, then 2-3 seconds will be cut off of the end of the greeting. However, if they wait 2-3 seconds then hit the # key, the whole greeting will be recorded. Likewise, if they just hang up the phone after they record their greeting then all is well.

It's just when they hit the # key things get messed up.

Ok this is beginning to be a problem now across the entire campus. Is there a way to set this so that it does not cut off the end of the greeting after hitting the # key.

Hey Ash,

I never realised that you were right down the road from me. Love Banff!

Anyways, I have looked everywhere for the root/answer to this issue,but to no avail. I was thinking (usually a bad thing!) do you perhaps have any custom key mapping set up? Maybe the # key has been configured to go-back 3 seconds?

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hey Rob

Right down the road, and soon to be your neighbour. I'm moving back to Calgary in November, homeless and jobless, know of any good leads in Calgary? (hint hint at Mount Royal)

I'll check out our # key for anything weird, but it should be all set to defaults. I'll be upgrading all the firmwares on the 41-61's tonight, so I'll have a peak.

Hey Rob

I've checked our system, and I know I did not use the custom key mapper to make any changes, all our caller input settings for the # key are set to the defaults for the call handlers, directory handlers. I don't see an actual caller input for recording the greeting except for the

Short recording (Short Recording Trail Limit or less): 2

and

Long recording (over Short Recording Trail Limit): 3

found under system configuration recordings.

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash,

So you are moving to the Cowtown. There are 2 IT jobs open here right now (not network related). Have a look at our website @

www.mtroyal.ca

I would have a look at this setting, it sounds like it has the exact effect that you have referred to;

System > Configuration > Recordings Page

Allowed Time for Recording in Milliseconds

Select the number of milliseconds for the DTMF clip length. This setting indicates how much to truncate the end of a recording when a message is terminated with a touchtone.

Default: 170 milliseconds.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014faba.html#1358447

Hope this helps! Maybe we will see you soon.

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

From tourist town to cowtown. But at least I grew up in Calgary so I'm used to it. I just need to get used to the traffic now.

I checked out the two jobs there, long hours though 7:30am to 8:30pm. Ouch.

That DTMF thing sounds like the problem, I should click the help button a little more I think. Anyway, I changed it to 1 millisecond, but it didn't make a difference. Do you know if Unity needs time to replicate it's system wide changes? Last time I did a system change on our IPCC server, I had to reboot the server for it to take effect.

Ash

Hey Rob

So after a late night reboot of Unity, this issue is now fixed by changing the allowed time for recording

Thanks Again

Ash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: