Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

GSM- Move User Permissions

I have three Unity systems all Voice Mail only in the same Dialing Domain:

4.04 onbox exchange/Domain Controller

4.05 offbox exchange

4.05 offbox exchange

associated Exchange Servers are Domain Controllers

I want my admins to be able to use GSM to move users between Unity Systems.

If I log into the Unity Servers with the unitymsgstoresvc account the move subscriber option displays on all of the servers. This does not occur if I log in using my AD account or one of the admin's account

All of the admins have SA access to all of the servers using Grantunityaccess tool. I looked at the help file and special requirements for GSM but I am still not sure what I am missing. Delete user displays but not Move user.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: GSM- Move User Permissions

Their rights to access the SA console is not related at all to GSM move rights.

The accounts running GSM that you want to be able to move with will have to have read/write access to SQL (UnityDirDB specifically) on all boxes you wish to move between and will also have to have access to the StreamFiles share you created (for moving greetings).

Ok I can access the Stream files via my AD login. Do I need to add my AD Login as a User for the UnityDB in SQL Enterprise Manager?

Be nice if on some future release GSM move rights could be added thru the SA as part of System Access via an Administrator Class of Service.

Thanks Again!

There are two basic requirements for the Move User.

One the Stream Files directory on both machines must be shared out as "Stream Files" with read/write access to the account running the GSM.

Two the account running the GSM must have read/write/full access the UnityDB, the easiest way to achieve this is to add the account to the Local Administrators group on both servers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content