cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSM not working fully

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a unity domain with an onbox 4.05 server and exchange 2000. i have another domain that has 1 offbox exchange and 2 unitys(failover). i move the exchange mailbox to the new exchange server. moves fine. then i use gsm to move the unity act to the new server. shows that it moves fine..no errors. i go to the unity look at the subscriber. everything is there but the users exchange server is missing ..its blank..

adding new users is fine..

this is really urgent so if anyone has any ideas please let me know

also they are in the same dialing domain ..

tony

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

GSM is not setup to do what you're talking about here. The Move subscriber function is there to load ballance subscribers across multiple Unity servers in the same dialing domain - it does not accomodate a move of the mailstore to a new Exchange store. It assumes the mailbox stays put when moving users between servers.

If you can move the user with GSM first and then migrate the mailbox, this will work (assuming the mailbox can be "seen" from the 2nd Unity server which is needs to for the move to work).

Not applicable

thanks for the reply..it doesnt work if i move the unity mailbox first either. I have 3 domains. when i did the 2nd domain we moved all the mailboxes over to the new domain and then used gsm and moved all unity vm boxes with no problems. With this domain, like i said when we move the users vm box to the new unity it doesnt show the exchange server of the user? any other suggestions..thanks alot..

I'm curently havign the same problem. my difference was that the subscriber moved and had the wrong class of service in addition to not having an exchange server. GSM on the target also did not see the subscriber.

so far I have no fix for this and it's week 3. we've resolved to re-creating the unity subscriber if we don't get a resolution soon.

we found that changing the COS makes the exchange server show up, but that can cause other problems, like playing a failsafe greeting when subscribers hit their messages button. I think there are some major flaws with GSM.

Not applicable

please let me know if you hear anything ..i have to go do this cut next week and im a little nervous about this...

Not applicable

Also so u know we had this exact same problem when we did the other domains..(we have 3 total) and we fixed it by a permission. But i cant figure out what permission it was that we changed..its like a permision against the mailbox isnt there..