cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware failure

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Just had my motherboard replaced on the Primary Unity server due to a hardware failure. I have obtained the newe licence files for the new NIC.

What is the process for the failover device, when I install the licences on the Primary server and then bring it back online with the licnce file resync automatically or will i have to rerun the failover config exe again.

Do I have to take the failover server down and then bring backup after the Primary is back. Unity 4.0(5) with Domino by the way

Thanks again for you help

Paul

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I were you, I upgrade my 4.0(5) to a newer version.. Failover works much better.

The Failover process will actually grab the license file from the primary.... so you will need to install, reinstall the original file. When you configure the failover server, just install like the primary, but with no license file. Run failover wizard on the primary, then on the secondary and test. It can be an automatic process, or a manual failover. The Failover Monitor works well and is easy to use.

If your primary license with the NIC card has Failover license and failover licese for subscribers, you should be all set

hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: