cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have to keep running Unity 4.21 Permissions Wizard

paulgurman
Level 1
Level 1

Primary and Secondary Unity Server. Had a sync issue between SQL and AD/Exchange.

Keep having to run Permissions wizard granting the Unityinstall account Permissions to run MessageStoreConfiguration Wizard. Log on interactive issues. Seems permissions are being reset somewhere. This could be causing issues with the Service's that run under the context of UnityDirSvc and UnityMesgstoreSvc especially during Directory polling and synchronization cycles.

Environment: Voicmail only. Windows 2003 AD. Exchange 2000 runtime edition.. off box Message stores. Anyone come across this issue?

1 Reply 1

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

I'd take a look at your AD environment-- is there maybe a synch issue between DCs/GCs that might be resulting in old information being propagated after PW is run?

Permissions Wizard never takes away any permissions, it only adds to, so I think the issue lies in AD.

I hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: