Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problems with Unity Failover

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am having 2 specific problems with our Unity Failover.

Problem 1: Unity goes into failover mode pretty often. I cannot seem to find any reasoning to why it does.

Problem 2: When in failover mode the passwords for the users seem to change. It almost looks like the failover database does not replicate the new passwords people have.

We are running Unity 4.04(sr1) it is integrated with a Call Manager cluster as well as a Mitel phone system through pbx link boxes and Dialogic cards.

If you have run into this before and can lend a hand please let know or if you have any tools i can try to sync up the databases.

thanks

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best place to start for both issues is going to be the event logs for both those servers.

1) Check the app logs for failover server to see why the failover happened.

2) Check the Enterprise Manager on primary server to see if there are problems with replication.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the network out. If you are using Teaming on the network cards for each of Unity Servers, make that the teaming is working correctly. Some times the drivers need to be updated or "re teamed" for whatever reason..... Also check the switch ports. I know on HP procurve switches, which Mitel used to recommend to use with the VOIP sets... the switch ports on those switches would were set to turn off if it "sensed" ill regular behavior (broadcasts, etc) I have had Exchange server do this before with ProCurve switches.. had to set the port on the switch to a lower setting.

If you have some strange network traffic that prevents the Unity servers from "talking" to each other, the secondary unity server may think the primary is offline and take control.

Why your passwords are not in sycn.... not sure.. I would have to say run some Unity database utils to make sure everything is setup right.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: