cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with first time install Unity v5x

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install Unity 5.x (VM Only) (onbox VM message store)on a third party HP DL320G5P Server (verified by Cisco Pre-Sales as meeting hardware requirements for supported configurations)

Additionally ordered:

(1)UnityV5-50USR

(1)UUCSS-UTY-VM-1-10

(1) CON-ESW-TYV550USR

Here is my problem:

We ordered the Cisco Media for this install and platform using PN# Unity-5.X-K9

Pre-Sales informed us that the media we ordered includes Windows server 2003 and the runtime environment for Exchange.

We had originally ordered Windows server 2003 standard software with it, but was told it was not needed with the media we ordered.

We are integrating Unity 5 with CCM v6.1 Pub?Sub single site design

We just found out that the media kit we ordered has been delayed. We do, however, have the permanent license file for Unity. I found out I can Download Unity 5x software from Cisco Downloads, and that I need DVD1.

I downloaded it, extracted it, and found it is non-bootable.

Q1. How do I install it if it isn't bootable?

Q2. I can configure the 2 72GB drives in a raid 1 with the HP Smart Start CD, but if I don't have the platform disk or Cisco Unity Installation Assistant CD, how do I proceed?

3. Does the shipped media REALLY include the MS Operating System, or do I need to re-obtain it and install it first?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Sorry but you were misinformed by cisco pre sales. If you provide your own server you will have to provide your own windows OS.

The platform cd does contain the OS however you will not get it without ordering a MCS server from Cisco and it is not downloadable.

All you need to do is provide your own OS and install it.

The CUSPA cds are on cisco.com

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/ImageList.x?relVer=5.0(1)&mdfid=281063851&sftType=Unity+Service+Packs&optPlat=&nodecount=2&edesignator=null&modelName=Cisco+Unity+Version+5.0&treeMdfId=278875240&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&modifmdfid=null&imname=&hybrid=Y&imst=N&lr=Y

They are the servicepacks cds

Hope this helps and please rate.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: