cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can users edit call handler message?

markanthony
Level 1
Level 1

I have a little IVR that transfers to specific people or gives information on events depending on what number they press.

This IVR was created using call handlers. My question is, since I don't personally record the geetings, how can I give the ability to record new messages when they have to be changed? Ideally, I'd like them to be able to login to a webpage and use the media control like you can for your personal mailbox.

Using Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(4) SR 1

TIA

3 Replies 3

cfortanb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change the owner of the call handler to the user in question, and they should have the ability to re-record the greeting themselves.

To be clear - if they are the owner of the call handler (or a member of the public distribution list you've setup as the owner of the call handler) users can gain access to the greetings configuration conversation from over the phone so they can record greetings remotely (i.e. to change the opening greeting for "snow days" from home).

To give user's access to the web interface they will need SA access to all handlers - the SA does not restrict access to only call handlers owned by that user - it's not that granular. So if you want SA web access for these users, you'll have to assign them to a class of service that lets them get at all call handlers for update/add/delete capabilities - you can restrict them from seeing/editing/adding subscribers, DLs and other objects, however. All this is configured on the "System Access" page on the Class of Service section in the Sa.

Or use the Unity Greeting Administrator.