cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you properly shutdown a unity 8 server?

SteveTest
Level 1
Level 1

Help

I need to move a single unity 8 server to another rack, so I need to shut it down. It is not part of a cluster.

What do I log into, Cisco unified serviceability? What do I need to stop as far as services and how do I shut down from a web connection? Is there a shutdown on the menu similar to call manager? in call manager it's Call Manager Serviceability Administration and then under settings it is version click on restart.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

boris.kudr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steve,

Yes, if you have Unity Connection, it shuts down the same way as CUCM Linux Appliance - via OS Administration Web page or SSH session and "utils system shutdown" command.

Unity will gracefully shut down all services and power down your server.

Cheers,

Boris

Thank you for your response.

I did not see the same menu item in unity. Actually our Call Manager is 6.0 so location in GUI is different.

Where specifically in the unity menu would I find that shutdown command? And again just to verify I don't need to stop services. By using the shutdown from the unity menu (not the cli), the server will shutdown properly?

Sent from my iPad

Funny I was reading that same link. I do see this command from Call Manager 6 but I don't see this command from Unity (version8) our voice mail server.

Sent from my iPad

I beleive you may have Unity, not Unity Connection.

Unity is a Windows Server system, just log into it and shut down as a regular Windows box.

Cheers,

Boris

It is Cisco Unity Connection version 8.0.2.40000-12

It was installed last year, so it's not on a windows box. It's linux.

We reset the admin pass and all is well. The shutdown can only be done from the CLI.

--

Thanks,

Steve