Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Access The Example Administrator Voicemail

david.walsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently took over a Unity 4.04 SR1 system. I'm not overly familiar with Unity, but I have had a question from a user:

When someone hits 0, they go to the Interview Handler. They do their thing and leave a message. Where does this message go?

I checked the only Interview Handler there, and it sends it to the Example Administrator account.

Questions:

1. Can I direct that to another subscriber?

2. If not (or if I can't find anyone to take it), how do you log in to the EAdmin account to check the voicemails?

Thanks,

Dave

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dave -

1. You can direct voice messages from the Example Administrator to one of your Admin users for monitoring purposes. This is what I do. From your Unity server, go to Microsoft Exchange - Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). In the MMC, click on View - Advanced Features (this is for later). On the left side of the MMC - click on the domain name. Click on the Search icon - Find objects in Active Directory. In the Users, Groups, and Contacts search tab, type Example in the Name field. Click Find. Double-click on the account to open it. Select the Exchange General Tab and then select the Delivery Option tab. Select the radial button Forwarding Address and select the Admin user account. If you think you'll need to forward these messages to other users, then give the Admin account Send As priviledge (top of the Delivery Options display). Reply OK to exit back to the ADUC MMC and close the windows.

2. Alternatively, you can add this inbox to your own Outlook view. Using same interface as #1 and make sure you View - Advanced Features, double-click on the Example Administrator account. Select the Security tab. Add your Admin account and give "Full Mailbox Access". I would also give Send As permissions as outlined above. Lastly, from your own Outlook, add the inbox. You do this from Outlook - Tools - E-mail Accounts. Select View or change existing account and click Next. Then Click the Change tab. Click the More Settings tab. Click the Advanced Tab. Add the Example Administrator. Reply OK all the out and then Click Finish. You can then expand the folders of the Example Administrator inbox from within your own Outlook and reply/handle voice messages from there.

Ginger