cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to bulk remove Unity Bridge settings in 4.05?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who at one time had a unity bridge integrated into an Octel. When they migrated off the Octel, they did not follow the uninstall procedure and just got rid of the bridge.

I now have 2700+ users who still have a legacy mailbox id and bridge node which I can't remove in bulk. I'm upgrading from 4.05VM with failover to 4.2VM with failover and then to a new set of server hardware this weekend.

I'm wondering if DiRT is going to give me a problem when I restore the DB to a server which has never had a bridge integration.

It looks like there are only two fields in the unitydb, can I just remove the NodeID and legacymailboxid in bulk via SQL?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As noted on an earlier thread, DiRT is not going to have a problem with this and neither will the upgrade. Removing these values is not necessary for any reason other than ascetic. If you want to remove them in bulk anyway you will have to do it directly in SQL - this is not TAC or BU supported so make a backup first.

You can pop open QueryBuilder (if you have SQL enterprise installed) or use the query builder built into the Data Link Explorer found in the tools depot ? you can this query:

UPDATE subscriber

SET LegacyMailbox=null, RemoteNodeID=null

WHERE SubscriberType IN (1,3)

That will wipe out all those fields for full subscribers in your system.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As noted on an earlier thread, DiRT is not going to have a problem with this and neither will the upgrade. Removing these values is not necessary for any reason other than ascetic. If you want to remove them in bulk anyway you will have to do it directly in SQL - this is not TAC or BU supported so make a backup first.

You can pop open QueryBuilder (if you have SQL enterprise installed) or use the query builder built into the Data Link Explorer found in the tools depot ? you can this query:

UPDATE subscriber

SET LegacyMailbox=null, RemoteNodeID=null

WHERE SubscriberType IN (1,3)

That will wipe out all those fields for full subscribers in your system.

As always, Thanks for the guidance here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: