Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete voice messages in Unity

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I am newby in Unity and I need to delete all voice messages stored in one suscriber voice mail in my net.

I use unity 4.0.

Can anybody help me?.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

That Text on the IP Phone itself will not be deleted until you do one of two things;

1. Assign a new Directory Number to the Phone and update/reset

2. Program a new Voicemail Box for this Directory Number, go through Enrollment / setup, receive and then delete a new message.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

Have you looked into using the Message Store Manager Tool? Another one of the excellent tools available via ciscounitytools;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Hope this helps! And this is TAC supported.

Rob

I have installed this tool but something don't work.

I created a new agent, after I included the suscriber that I want to delete all voice messages to included folder of this agent after I run all scripts to move voice messages to deleted items folder and after I flushed this folder but phone screen is still showing: "You have voice mail messages".

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

That Text on the IP Phone itself will not be deleted until you do one of two things;

1. Assign a new Directory Number to the Phone and update/reset

2. Program a new Voicemail Box for this Directory Number, go through Enrollment / setup, receive and then delete a new message.

Hope this helps!

Rob

It worked good.

Thanks.

Rob, I have been slackin. You are about to pass me in the points arena!

Hey Tommer,

We must remember that this is not a competition but rather a fun hopefully helpful community :) It is people like you that keep me coming back to read and rate posts. The humor and knowledge that you have so generously shared with others is impossible to beat!

Take care my friend!

Rob

Ah... touche! right back at you. I see your posts all over the boards. It is for fun!

So I just tried using Message Store Manager to flush deleted messages prior to COBRAS export (from Unity 4.0(4), so my new Unity 7.0(2) Subscribers do not have 70 "new" messages when I import messages via COBRAS but it doesn't seem to have worked.

This is a VM-only envirronment with the message store resident on Unity. I want to move over read, but not deleted,  and unread messages, and only have the unread messages to be counted as "new" messages when the Sub signs on. Am I missing what the script(s) are suppossed to do, especially the one regarding the Unity Dumpster? Is the Unity Dumpster where VM messages go that were listened to, but not deleted?

Do I wan to: Move messages from the Unity Dumpster folder to deleted, then flush deleted, then do COBRAS?

If my last statement is true, then how do I get messages to be marked properly between new and unread vs. read in the Subscribers' inbox?

THANKS!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: