cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Find my CUCM License Details

the Q
Level 1
Level 1

After a company split, a second split, and then a company buyout, we are left with a running CUCM phone system.  The guys that put it together are long gone.  So I am unsure what the CUCM license is good for.  This makes me nervous. 

In CUCM, I can see we have 700 units and using 300.  What else can I ascertain about the license?  I have the login for the Pub CLI, if that helps.  I'm mostly concerned that we could find out that we are losing the license and we have to pay for a new license or lose phone service, if say, someone in one of the other companies also installs the same license. 

Who originally paid for it? 

Who now owns it? 

How long is it good for?

etc.

Is there a 'list license details" or something that gives me all this info? 

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't find anything related to who paid and who owns from the server, get in touch with whoever placed the order, or moved the licenses, sold the company, etc. That's the kind of info only whoever was involved in the deals would know.

Licenses are tied to a MAC address, you can't just move and swap them around freely without involving Cisco to change that MAC.

It's good for eternity, or when you do a major upgrade (at least for the SW feature licenses on that version), there's no time period associated to it as long as you keep on the same major version..

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't find anything related to who paid and who owns from the server, get in touch with whoever placed the order, or moved the licenses, sold the company, etc. That's the kind of info only whoever was involved in the deals would know.

Licenses are tied to a MAC address, you can't just move and swap them around freely without involving Cisco to change that MAC.

It's good for eternity, or when you do a major upgrade (at least for the SW feature licenses on that version), there's no time period associated to it as long as you keep on the same major version..

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

The fact that it's tied to the MAC makes me feel a lot more confident. 

Yes, that does help.  Thank you very much!  Rated.