Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to install 2-port vic3 2fxs/DID and 2-port vic2 fxo on cisco 2801 router

Hello
I'm looking for information on how to install 2 newly purchased cards  and keep running into dead links. The cards I bought are for a  CISCO-2801-CCME/K9 with PVDM2-8, FL-CCME-25, SP Services 128F/256D cisco  router:
vic3 2fxs/DID and a vic2 2fxo.
I keep finding documents on how to  install these cards but all links are dead and leading to nowhere.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/ic/hardware/installation/guide/2port_FXS_DID_VIC.html#wp1065062

The  2 documents i'm looking for are: how to install a 2-port vic2 fxo cards on cisco  2801 router and how to install 2-port vic3 2fxs/DID cards on the same 2801 cisco  router.
NOTE: I've never installed these cards and am not sure if:
Does my  ios support both of these cards?
and which slots do I install those in the  router.
I have 4 slots like this:
slot 0: This slot only accepts VIC's   ***This could be used for the vic3 2fxs/DID card correct?
slot 1: Nothing  written here  ****What can i install in this slot?
slot 2: This slot only  accepts VIC's and WIC's  ***If I buy a WIC and install here which other slot can  i install my VIC2-2FXO card in ?
slot 3: Nothing written here  ***What can i  install in this slot?

Any chance someone can help me out with this.

Thanks  very much

2 REPLIES

Re: How to install 2-port vic3 2fxs/DID and 2-port vic2 fxo on c

Ok

I was able to figure out what goes where and found out that the IOS i had c-2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-15.T10.bin with cme-full-4.1.0.2 tar didn't support the vic3 2fxs/DID card. I then found the one that works which is the c2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB5.bin.I am now able to see my new hardware interfaces. The question I have now is since the previous version ran with cme-full-4.1.0.2 tar i'm not sure if this needs to be changed since in the compatibility matrix i found this IOS c2801-spservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB5.bin to be compatible with cme-full-7.1.0.0 tar

Do i need to remove cme-full-4.1.0.2 tar and install the cme-full-7.1.0.0 tar?

If yes, i know how to install the cme-full-7.1.0.0 tar but how do i remove the other cme-full-4.1.0.2 tar file in order to be able to install the other version?

Thanks

Re: How to install 2-port vic3 2fxs/DID and 2-port vic2 fxo on c

All done and working

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content