Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Install Presence

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All

I wanted to know is there any documentation out there that will show me how to install Presence 8.6

I just started work for a new company and they are doing an upgrade of CCM,CCX,Unity,and they

want to also intergrate MS Lync.They use CM ver. 7 now and they want to be able to use the presence

feauture when the upgrade is finished.I'm a R&S guy but they don't have a Voice engineer and they

offered me the position because I've done basic phone setups but nothing to this extent. They have

paid 2 CCIE Voice engineers to come in and help and to give me training but I want to be proactive

and know something before they come.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I highly recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Deploying-Unified-Presence-Michael-HouTong/dp/0557039533

Also, just because they are voice CCIEs, does not mean they know LDAP, Presence, etc.     (although they should!)

you know I google cisco presence and that book came to the top of the search so I think I will get it since your a UC consultant and you recommended it.

It was written by a TAC engineer and I call it the holy bible for CUPS. Every CUPS install I do, I refer to this book. It has saved me countless times. The documentation on CCO is better, but I really like how this book is laid out and goes over the topics. I wish all Cisco subjects were written this way ☺

Well you have won me over, I'm going to get that book tonight and thanks