Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to install vmware tools in cucm on Vmware Player

I'm running CUCM 8.0.1 and Unity Connection 8.0.1 on VMWare Player.  I need to install the VMWare Tools.  I'm using the COP file from the CCO (ciscocm.vmtoolsUpgrade4.1-8.3.2-257589-v14.cop.sgn).  However, it's not loading. I Clicked Install VMWare Tools from Player so the CDRom is mounted and has the COP file in it, but I can't seem to get the path.  The connection is use physical device /dev/cdrom and I have a burned COP file in the dvd drive.  I keep getting "The directory could not be located."

I have NTP enabled and "the NTP Service is accessible"

I tried the Remote File System but keep getting the error: "An unknown error occurred while accessing the upgrade file."  I tried different files, e.g. locale file, but get the same error.  Is there something else I need to do on the VM?  The Host machine is Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit.

Is there a document on this?  VMWare Player is ver 6.0.  The VMs were built in VMWare server 2.0 a while back.

2 REPLIES

Have you checked this:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/VMware_Tools#Method_2:_CLI_command   ??

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks for the link.  It is for vSphere and I'm using Player so Step 2 is a little different.  I choose Virtual Machine>Upgrade VMWare Tools.  The settings are set to "use ISO file" and the path is to the linux.iso file.

When I run the 'utils vmtools upgrade' command, it says: "Executed command unsuccessfully, no valid command entered"

Any other procedures to try?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content