cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make an uninterruptible greeting (no input) in Unity 8.6.2?

drotheahit
Level 1
Level 1

There must be a way to do this since surely this is a common need:

I'm trying to setup two call handlers in order to force calls to listen to the first part of the greeting before they can enter anything (force them to hear that the menu options have changed). The first call handler has all keys ignored in caller input, however, if a key is pressed they get the standard error and the greeting starts over. What I want is for the keys to be ignored completely - however I read that this error cannot be disabled. Really?!

Thanks in advance...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you missed a step... you need to lock the keys, not just ignore them - an ignored key is not set to go anywhere on it's own, however you MIGHT be dialing an extension so it goes through the usual gather/evaluate process even if all are ignored.  An ignored AND locked key gets tossed right away and the greeting doesn't interrupt.

I believe there's still a short hand for this on the greeting page (i.e. go to the standard greeting or whatever) and there should be a "ignore caller input" option which does the same thing...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you missed a step... you need to lock the keys, not just ignore them - an ignored key is not set to go anywhere on it's own, however you MIGHT be dialing an extension so it goes through the usual gather/evaluate process even if all are ignored.  An ignored AND locked key gets tossed right away and the greeting doesn't interrupt.

I believe there's still a short hand for this on the greeting page (i.e. go to the standard greeting or whatever) and there should be a "ignore caller input" option which does the same thing...

Thanks - I didn't realize that! Appreciate your help!