cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to record new system prompts???

dferrie
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that would like to make new recordings for certain system prompts. Specifically the directory handler prompt "spell the last and first name" to something else. Can anyone point me to a document that can help or provide instructions for doing so.

D Ferrie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no documentation on this since customers editing their prompts isn't supported by TAC or the BU. However I've gotten enough requests for different wording on the directory handler spelling instructions that we had the "Unity voice" record several different varitions - one of which will probably be more to the liking of your customer. Check out this page for more details:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no documentation on this since customers editing their prompts isn't supported by TAC or the BU. However I've gotten enough requests for different wording on the directory handler spelling instructions that we had the "Unity voice" record several different varitions - one of which will probably be more to the liking of your customer. Check out this page for more details:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

Problem solved

Thanks Jeff

It's worthwhile to do searches, that is certain.

We have a redundant deployment... I need to do the replacement on both the primary and the backup, right?

TIA,

Jeff

yes - prompts are not replicated between the systems so you'll have to change in both places.

We are a multitenant environment. Are are prepending extra digits to extensions when they dial into Unity based on voicemail profile for different sites. We would like to change the default opening prompt "enter your ID" to something else, like " please enter your 6 digit extension". Is it possible to do that in Unity 4.0(4)SR1. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Users have 4 digit extensions at everysite, but unity knows them by 6 digits (2 digit site identifier and 4 digit extension.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Tarun

Last question (I hope): Is a re-start required? I've placed the new file in the appropriate directory and nothing changed in the directory handler (still getting 'Spell the last and first name followed by pound...'). Time to panic? :-)

Jeff

No restart is required, the WAV files are read off the HD as needed. I suspect you didn't name them properly... but that's just a guess.

Just a guess here... but on the Unity Tools page it lists 006 as the last name prompt, and 005 as the first name prompt. Since I'm doing last name searches it seemed likely that I should replace the 006 file. Not sure where the disconnect is, but prompt.ini lists 005 as the last name prompt, and 006 as the first name prompt. When I rename the 006 file 005 it works like a champ.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: