Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to run Ex2k7Script_<servername>.ps1 for Cisco Unity 7

Hi,

I am installing now Cisco Unity 7 with integration with Exchange 2010. Now I am configuring Cisco Unity for message store : I want to copy the Ex2k7Script_<servername>.ps1 but I don't found it in my server Unity!!

Can you please help me? how can I run this script and where can I found it?

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Omar YUNSI

5 REPLIES

Re: How to run Ex2k7Script_<servername>.ps1 for Cisco Unity 7

Well, first you need to run this script before you move on with any installation tasks.  If you login as UnityInstall the script should be saved to the desktop (on each server separately if you are doing failover).  However, if you cut and paste the file elsewhere it will be gone (obviously).  The Installation Guide has instructions on exactly how the script needs to be run on the Exchange side.

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Thanks for your update.

I want to know in any step of the installation the script is copied in desktop server? because I am now in the step to configure the message store and I don't find any script in my desktop?

can you please help me?

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Omar

During the installation process, there is a point where the installer generates the E2K7 script and then prompts you to install it on the Partner Server before choosing the click "Next".  When that occurs, the script is auto-generated and placed on the desktop of the server.  If you cut and paste to another server, then it is moved.  Otherwise, you copy it and run it on Exchange.

Is this your initial installation or are you adding a new mailstore?

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Thanks for your update;

this isinitial installation with Exchnage 2010. the script don't generated, and I don't find it in my desktop!! I think that I must to re-install again.

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Omar YUNSI

Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you happen to find that it fails to generate on new install. You might check within AD to see if users are already existing for default users Unity is trying to create script for. The accounts would be:

Unity_

USbms_

Eadmin

I have had another instance when these existed already and the script would not generate. In my instance the accounts were located in different OUs and that was causing an issue.

Just something you might check if the issue continues.

Thanks,

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies