Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awi

How to see if the schema is updated

I'm trying to install an Unity 4.0(5) wind2kserver with Exchange2k3 into a child domain under a large forest.

I do not have rights at the top level but the top level administrators assure me that the schema database is updated for Unity. Is there a way to see in the child domain that the schema has been updated?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How to see if the schema is updated

Well, you can always use a raw viewer like ADSI edit or something to see if the properties Unity adds to the schema are there (i.e. CiscoECSBULocationObjectID) - but it's easiest to just run the setup - during the config check it makes sure not only that the schema is properly updated prior to installing but that the correct version of the schema extensions are present (i.e. if additional schema changes are needed from an older version vs. a newer one, it'll warn you).

Start, Run, adsiedit

You have to really know AD and the schema extensions. TAC has a AD team for Callmanager that knows their stuff.

Hi -

Just a note. The ADSIEdit utility is included in the Cisco Unity system under the folder c:\CommServer\TechTools (assuming you have installed Cisco Unity on your C: drive). If you haven't used it before, you need to register the DLL on the Unity server. Install the ADSIEdit.dll by typing the following command at the command prompt:

C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 c:\commserver\techtools\adsiedit.dll

You will receive a response window reading:

DllRegiserServer in c:\commserver\techtools\adsiedit.dll succeededOnce ADSIEdit is installed, double-click adsiedit.msc to open it and press OK for a valid username and password.

Regards, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content