Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How to send right CallingNumber when Cisco CER is down for multiple sites

Hi,

Cisco ER 7.x system with centerized CUCM 7.1(x) cluster for multiple sites over WAN, where each site has local voice gateway (MGCP) with T1/PRI connected. All the phones are DIDs.

When considering 911 calls redundancy when CER is down, Cisco ER administration guide recommends using Local Route Group for 10911 or something else route-pattern on CUCM which is used:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_1_1/english/administration/guide/e911plan.html#wp1062106

To configure LRG, follow these steps:

1. On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, configure the LRG route pattern and route point for 911 emergency call routing.

2. On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, configure any destination route point that is being forwarded in the emergency call route point with the LRG route pattern.

3. On Cisco ER Administration, configure the LRG route pattern as the default ERL.

My question is:

On the 10911 route-pattern using LRG, how can configure the each site ELIN number as the calling number on the route-pattern which is normally assigned on E911 partition only? or do I need change MGCP to H.323 in order to achieve this purpose?

Do I miss something?

Thanks,

JJ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content