cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to split current phone system integration on Unity effectively ?

best2sons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Currently there is only 1 phone system integration with 32 licensed ports.

I need to integrate new CUCM with current Unity, so I need to chage existing phone system integration first.

I am worring this change because it is production setup.

Should I need to delete current one first ? after that do I need to create new two with half of port for each ?

Otherwise, Can I change existing phone system integration without deleting and creating the same ?

And what is first step for this setup ? Should I delete voice mail port from CUCM first before changing or deleting phone system integration ?

Kindly let me know exact step, if someone has experience of this.

7 Replies 7

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Voicemail ports may be deleted first, from within the UTIM, on the existing integration.   This is done via the Ports tab.   First select the VERY LAST port, and press "Remove Port...".   Always start at the highest numbered ports, then work down.   In the unlikely event that you actually have Routing Rules associated with certain ports, then they will need to be updated.

After deleting the highest numbered ports (those you will be using on the new integration), please make sure you still have ports allocated for Dialout MWI, etc.; as often customers use only the last few ports for such purposes.

You may then delete the corresponding voicemail ports from CUCM.

Finally, go ahead and create the new CUCM Cluster in UTIM and the new voicemail ports in the new CUCM cluster.

Before doing anything, I'd certainly recommend taking a look at the appropriate SRND for the version/s of CUCM being used, e.g. for CUCM 6.x:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/unity.html

Kind regards,

Craig

Something oft' forgotten but shouldn't be:  Don't forget you have a little more work to do on Unity.  Primarily you need to create a template for the subscribers on your second CUCM cluster so that when you create users for them they will be assigned to the right "switch" (i.e., integration).  Otherwise, they'll pickup the default which is going to be your existing integration used today.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

A valid point.   Thanks David!

Hi Craig, David,

I will do the work after that will rate since I want to give best rate after doing real wok, so people would get exact solution.

First of all, when I  do the work, Is there any possibliity where I should restart Unity service ?

Since it is production server, I want to any impact of doing this additional integration.

David,

I checked subscriber template on my lab unity server,  but I couldn't find any box where I can select proper integration.

My lab server has only a CUCM integration, so If I add new integration, then Can I see any additional box to select proper integration among two ?

Warm Regards

Jason

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's called Phone System I believe in Unity. I can take a look on Monday in my lab.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Craig, David,

I understand the logic, but couldn't find any mapping between phone integration and subscriber templates under sub menu.

Kindly let me know hwo to map between this two.

And regarding MWI,

Do I need to create separate MWI number for new integration and mapped new MWI under subscriber temlate -> message menu ?

If so, how can I configure for this ?

For example, first integration use 1998/1999 for MWI on/off, and I  create new integration for another cluster with 2998/2999 for MWI on/off.

I believe I should have new integration on my second integratoin. then How  I configure MWI under subscriber template ?

Warm Regards

Jason Kim

Hi Jason,

Please highlight the existing CUCM/CCM cluster, then right click, and select "New Cluster", within the UTIM, to add the new cluster.

The Integration ID of each cluster is listed in the Properties section for each cluster.

The UTIM has a tool (in the Tools menu) for both "Subscriber-Phone System Associations" and "Call Handler-Phone System Associations"... where you can change the switch (Phone System) associations if you really need to.   However, I would recommend leaving all your existing subscribers on the existing integration and NOT deleting the existing integration, only modifying it.

No, the MWI On and Off DN's can be either the same, or different, for each cluster... as the CUCM clusters are obviously independent and can have their own MWI On and MWI Off Calling Search Spaces within that cluster.   The MWI DN's used, are entirely related to which switch (integration) that the voicemail subscriber is associated with.   The name of the cluster/integration you've chosen is listed against each subscriber on their Profile page, in the "Switch" field, for each user in SA Web.

Kind regards,

Craig