cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to transfer configuration from BE6K 9.1 to another BE6K 10.5 ?

Dmitry Blinov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for an easy way to transfer (to replicate) all configuration:

• from the healthy and working BE6000 - CUCM, CUC and CUP, version 9
  • to a fresh BE6000, version 10.5

No need to transfer the licences. New BE6000 has been configured with different licences and IPs so both are reachable from LAN.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Dmitry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only transfer the CUC info via COBRAS between versions.

There's no way to transfer the info from a 9.x to a 10.x if it has already been installed, you can only use BAT, and you will need to adjust the data as necessary to make it compliant with the 10.x format

I would suggest you deleting those fresh installs, and use PCD migration for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only transfer the CUC info via COBRAS between versions.

There's no way to transfer the info from a 9.x to a 10.x if it has already been installed, you can only use BAT, and you will need to adjust the data as necessary to make it compliant with the 10.x format

I would suggest you deleting those fresh installs, and use PCD migration for this.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for reply,

Actually I haven't installed applications on the new BE6K yet. Please confirm if I understood you correctly:

I can do migration CUCM 9.x to another server in to CUCM 10.x with PCD?

I do not need migrate any licenses, the new server should has other IPs and hostnames. Is it possible?

Here is list of high-level functions of PCD:

http://www.tympaniinc.com/advanced-technology-blog/PostId/115/simplifying-cucm-upgrade-and-migration-tasks-using-cisco-pcd-prime-collaboration-deployment 

What I should make - step 4 (fresh install) and next step 1 (migration)?

Thanks

Yes, you can change IP/hostname, no, just follow the migration instructions, nothing else.

Review the whole info on PCD and what each task can do (as I mentioned, you'll only need migration) and then do the procedure, it's very easy. Make sure you have the required ESXi licensing for PCD to work.

HTH

java

No, I haven't ESXi Foundation license, sadly. So PCD it's no option for me.

It seems Bulk export/import is my way.

Thanks.

OK, since you have not installed anything yet, you can install the exact same version you have on 9.X and DRS to the new server, then upgrade to 10. Obviusly you cannot change the IP/hostname until after you do the restore.

HTH

java

I thought so but i see 2 lack:

1. The old system in production and I do not want to make some outage..

2. I guess the DRS will transfer licenses also, I do not need any old licenses on the new system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: