cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to transfer to operator when checking voicemail?

stu.packett
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.1.1

I have a user who wants to be able to transfer to the operator when checking his voicemail. When we were on Octel, he generally checks his voicemails, then when he is all done, he would press 5, then 0 to get to the operator.

Is there a way of duplicating the Octel scenario above to accomodate this user? At the moment, I can't seem to find a way other than having him press ** to get to the sign-in prompt, then press # for our Openening Greeting.

PS: I know the easy answer to to have him just hang up and call again, but that wouldn't work for this person.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure - check out the details on the custom key mapping tool - you can adjust a custom conversation to have 0 go directly to the operator call handler (which can be configured to call the operator). You can find help, training videos and the latest version of the tool on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_CustomKeymap.htm

Thanks. 2 more questions.

1. I noticed that under the "Main Menu", there is no "operator call handler". Is this something I can add or something that is set for a future release? I ask because that's how it was in Octel.

2. Is there a way to load "Optional Conversation 1" in the Custom Keypad Map tool and start editing from there? I noticed the template is the Standard Conversation and it would take me a lot of work to make sure I did the correct keypad mappings.

Thanks again.

1. No, not currently - I can look at adding it for 4.3(1).

2. Yes, in 4.2(1) this is already an option - you can start the custom key map conversation (3 are supported in 4.2 instead of just 1) from any of the other conversations on the system (standard, optional 1, N/S/X). This doesn't work in 4.1(1) because of conversation script differences so you'll have to do it by hand.