Views
Helpful
Replies

Http Status 500 - NullIamSorry

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

I am receiving a Http Status 500 - NullIamSorry error when trying to add a billing server in UCM - 6.1.3a. Has anybody seen this before? Rebooted the machine - still no luck.

Thanks.

HTTP Status 500 - nullI am sorry

type Status report

message nullI am sorry

description The server encountered an internal error (nullI am sorry) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

Please rate useful posts.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I assume you modified the credentials on the host that is configured to receive the CDR files. Can you test access to the billing server from a non-CUCM box (like your PC/laptop?). If the server is setup for SFTP, use putty or something similar to test from the non-CUCM system. Also (if using SFTP), you could test basic connectivity from the CUCM system by using a file get:

admin:file get tftp Ringlist.xml

Follow the prompts and push the file to your CDR billing server (using the same credentials, storage path, etc.). Ensure that you can download the file successfully.

Check the user ID that you are using to ensure that you don't have something flagged like "User must change credentials on next logon.".

Also, if you are using SFTP: has anything changed on the SFTP server recently? Such as changing/adding a banner page? I had issues on 6.1 systems when backing up files to a SFTP server and it was directly related to the banner page.

I apologize for being all over the place with this but it appears that your issue with the HTTP Status error is more symptomatic than causal. Particularly when this started cropping up after you tried to change credentials. Sounds like an error condition is hit and the page that CUCM would normally load to communicate error is causing your HTTP status issue. But I am just speculating at this point.

Check the above and let us know what you find.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That is interesting. I have added billing servers to 6.1.1, 6.1.3, 6.1.3b, and 7.1.3 and I have not seen this error before. Granted I haven't tested with 6.1.3a and I have always added servers as SFTP destinations. Could you elaborate on when you receive this HTTP message? Is it when you load the page to view existing billing servers, attempt to add a server (new), or attempt to submit the form with the new server information. Also, do you see any corresponding logs in the system log. It may be a good idea to check the tomcat traces as well.

If the issue occurs when you submit the form to add the billing server, have you confirmed that the server, directory, and credentials are correct?

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

This is what I did. I did add the billing server a couple of days back - when it worked fine. After that I decided to edit the credentials, and thats when this started happening. I did try reverting back to the original credentials, still no luck. So, thats when I deleted the existing server and I am trying to readd it back and I still get this error. I was able to view the billing server and the error pops when I try to edit something on the entry.

I assume you modified the credentials on the host that is configured to receive the CDR files. Can you test access to the billing server from a non-CUCM box (like your PC/laptop?). If the server is setup for SFTP, use putty or something similar to test from the non-CUCM system. Also (if using SFTP), you could test basic connectivity from the CUCM system by using a file get:

admin:file get tftp Ringlist.xml

Follow the prompts and push the file to your CDR billing server (using the same credentials, storage path, etc.). Ensure that you can download the file successfully.

Check the user ID that you are using to ensure that you don't have something flagged like "User must change credentials on next logon.".

Also, if you are using SFTP: has anything changed on the SFTP server recently? Such as changing/adding a banner page? I had issues on 6.1 systems when backing up files to a SFTP server and it was directly related to the banner page.

I apologize for being all over the place with this but it appears that your issue with the HTTP Status error is more symptomatic than causal. Particularly when this started cropping up after you tried to change credentials. Sounds like an error condition is hit and the page that CUCM would normally load to communicate error is causing your HTTP status issue. But I am just speculating at this point.

Check the above and let us know what you find.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HI Bill,

Found the problem. It was AV blocking the FTP port on the billing server. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thnaks.