cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt group forward to voice mail only after hours?

pbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that needs incoming calls to the main number to ring until answered but to go to the call handler only after hours. I'm not aware of any scheduling component to CallManager so I think this would need to be done in Unity. Is this possible?

CM 3.3.3sr4a

Unity 4.03sr1

Thanks,

Patrick

3 Replies 3

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

You can call Unity, and during Active hours, the Standard Transfer will do a release to switch transfer to the hunt group pilot. During Closed hrs, it will send the call to the greeting for the call handler you want.

That makes sense but I cannot get it working.

On the transfer screen of my call handler I selected Standard and then clicked on 'Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension:' and entered a valid DN.

Transfer type is set to 'Release to switch'.

The call handler schedule is set to 'weekdays' and I have verified that the schedule is right.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Patrick

Well, there's any number of reasons why this wouldn't be working and there's not much detail to go on here (i.e. how is the call getting to this call handler in the first place). I would start by reading through the "audio text applications in Unity" paper on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - this goes into detail on how call handlers work, how calls flow through them and the like that is a good starting point.

My best guess is you have calls forwarding into Unity directly to the call handler in question - the first handler that any call hits in the system will always skip the transfer rules and go straight to the greeting rules - this prevents issues with "looping" calls to a phone that forwards back and loops back out etc... which would take the system down quickly. There are ways around this that are discussed in the paper - you can loop the handler back to itself with a blank greeting which will evaluate the transfer rules again or you can have it forward to another call handler to do the actual transfer (I normally prefer the later solution).