Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Hunt Group

I would like to setup a simple hunt group. Outside caller calls 330-11xx, it first ring 11x1, then 11x2, and so on and so on. Until Someone Answers. Continuous loop. How do I do this????

Call Manager 3.3(4)

Unity 4.0SR1

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Hunt Group

You have to use CCM Attendant Console pilot point and hunt group feature to get this done. Check this link for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/attendnt/call_att/ccmac113.htm#wp1042554

However, you should not make a loop like you are mentioning here. Making a loop will bring the TCD service down if no hunt group member can answer the call for an extended time. It happened at one of our customer site. The last member of the last hunt group should rather be a voicemail box or auto attendant.

Cisco Employee

Re: Hunt Group

You can do the same type of thing by stringing some call handlers together in Unity - but the same caution applies (i.e. you don't want to loop them tightly without any pause). Putting a pause in a call handler is no sweat - stick a greeting in there after, say, 5 transfers that says "Your call is important to us..." type thing and then proceed to the next handler to try the next extension and so on.

The "Audiotext applications in Unity" paper covers just this scenario - you'll find it on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content