Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt List/Line Group Distribution Algorithm: Circular

m.meinke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @all,

I have a question to Line Group Distribution Algorithm Circular.

Okay the facts first:

In a circular hunt group, the calls are distributed "round-robin". If a call is delivered to line 1, the next call goes to 2, the next to 3. When the end of the hunt group is reached, the hunting starts over at the first line. Lines are only skipped if they are still busy on a previous call.

I have a hunt group with 40 members. Circa 25 members join the hunt group now. I think the cucm build a list of all joined member to handle the round-robin and start to line 1 and so on.

If a member leave the hunt group or a new member join the hunt group, what happens now with round-robin process? Start it new to line 1? Who can exactly explain it me?

Thanks a lot, cheers Mathias

--
Mobil: +43 664 73498697
gate@sandsturm.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mathias,

This is going to be a bit hard to try and explain but I'll give it a try

The first thing to reference is this note for the Circular algorithm;

Circular—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a line group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified Communications Manager most recently extended a call. If the nth member is the last member of a line group, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the line group.

This works in conjunction with the order selected when adding members to the Line group;

In the Selected DN/Route Partition list box, choose the order in which the new directory number(s) is to be accessed in this line group. To change the order, click a directory number and use the Up and Down arrows to the right of the list box to change the order of directory numbers.

http://www.ciscoios.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html#wp1018989

So let's just use an example with 5 Line group members;

They are (in designated order from when they were added to the Line group or modified);

The first call that comes in will route to 5001 (if available) as you nicely noted and then move on down the line if all 5 members are available. If 5555 were not available when the second call comes in then it would route to 4444. The list does not re-order when someone Logs In/Out. When call 3 comes in the first choice to route this call would be 5200 as it is the n+1 from 4444.

I hope this makes some sense,

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mathias,

This is going to be a bit hard to try and explain but I'll give it a try

The first thing to reference is this note for the Circular algorithm;

Circular—If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a line group, where the nth member is the member to which Cisco Unified Communications Manager most recently extended a call. If the nth member is the last member of a line group, Cisco Unified Communications Manager distributes a call starting from the top of the line group.

This works in conjunction with the order selected when adding members to the Line group;

In the Selected DN/Route Partition list box, choose the order in which the new directory number(s) is to be accessed in this line group. To change the order, click a directory number and use the Up and Down arrows to the right of the list box to change the order of directory numbers.

http://www.ciscoios.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html#wp1018989

So let's just use an example with 5 Line group members;

They are (in designated order from when they were added to the Line group or modified);

The first call that comes in will route to 5001 (if available) as you nicely noted and then move on down the line if all 5 members are available. If 5555 were not available when the second call comes in then it would route to 4444. The list does not re-order when someone Logs In/Out. When call 3 comes in the first choice to route this call would be 5200 as it is the n+1 from 4444.

I hope this makes some sense,

Cheers!

Rob