Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hunt Pilot Calling party presentation question

Hello all, hopefully someone out there has had a similar situation and can assist.

CUCM Ver 7.13, Cisco Unity Ver 7.02.

I have an internal customer who is wanting the following scenario:

Outside caller dials an 800#, they are routed to a (call Handler) voice menu/prompt:

Press 1 for Widget Support

Press 2 for Thingamajig Support

Press 3 for Whatchacallit Support, ect.

Caller presses 2 (for example), call handler transfers that call to a Hunt Pilot for Thingamajig Support.

Hunt Pilot rings the telephones of the Members of Thingamajig Support Line Group who are logged in/available.

Those members might also be members fo the Widget Support group, and so would get calls to that line as well.

Users want to see on their phones which line (Hunt Pilot) the call is coming from.  So for example, I am an operator who gets Widget Support and Whatchacallit Support calls, someone calls the 800# and presses 1.  My phone rings and shows that the call is for/from Widget Support.  I see in Ver 8 CUCM that there is an Alerting Name and Alerting Name ASCII field in the Hunt Pilot Configuration, however upgrade to ver 8 is not possible at this time.

I have read in other posts that there are ways to set this up using a CTI RP, and that the CTIRP would display its alerting name to the members of the Line Group (To do this, set up the Call Handler to xfr to CTIRP DN, put the ALERTING Name on the CTIRP and then forward all to a hunt pilot #, which would then show the Alerting name of the CTIRP to the Hunt Group members)  I have tried to set this scenario up and play with the different options, however I must be missing something because the only thing Im still getting is the telephone number of the calling phone, none of the redirected information.  **Note: the customer has not indicated that the caller ID of the person calling is important, only that they want the people to be able to answer the calls with either 'Widget Support may I help you....." or the others depending on which option they choose.  Ideally the forwarded call would show the caller ID of the calling party, and the DN/ALerting name of the CTIRP "Call from <Caller Tel#> to <CTIRP name and #>"

Here is my setup currently, any tweaks that anyone has that may help me are appreciated:

External Toll Free # 866-XXX-XXXX tranlsated by Telco and dropped as 4 digit 1467 to my gateway.

CTI Port for 1467 Forward all to VM(Unity) with VoiceMail provfile mask 117XXXX

Call Handler 1171467 with Standard Greeting: You have reached Acme Corp.  For Widget Support please press 1, for Thingamijig Support Please press 2, for Whatchacallit support please press 3.  For any other option, please press 0"

-Caller Input: Press 1: Send Caller to Attempt to Transfer for Subscriber Mailbox 1171455.  Call Transfer for that VM box sends call to DN 1455.

-Caller Input: press 2: Send Caller to Attempt to Transfer for Subscriber Mailbox 1171456.  Call Transfer for that VM box sends call to DN 1466.

-Caller Input: Press 3: Send caller to Attempt to transfer for Subscriber Mailbox 1171457.  Call transfer for that VM box sends call to DN 1457.

CTI RP for DN 1455: Forward all calls to DN 11455 which is Hunt Pilot for Widget Support

HP 11455: HL Widget Support

HL Widget Support: DN's 111455, 112455, 113455, 114455.  All second lines on the users phones.  The users primary phone line is first button.  These are 7940 and 7960 phones.

Identical setups on option 2 and 3.

So what happens now is that I call the toll free #, press the option, I am transferred and the phones ring, however the only thing on the phones that shows is the caller ID of the caller (My cel phone # for test purposes).  I have the calling party presentation set to ALLOWED on all my DN's, as well as to show the forwarded # on the device.

Any ideas on what Im doing wrong?  Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies